How can i make a wireless connection in the command line?

Mark markg85 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 15:38:55 UTC 2007

Sorry for the late reply.. i completely forgot about this topic
I just had the issue again..

It's going all fine when i do: a cable connection or a wireless
connection (can only be done once)
i just needed to restart my network for firewall changes to apply
(/etc/init/d/network restart) and AGAIN wlan wasn't getting back up.
when i do that even knetworkmanager can't get it back up again.
(service NetworkManager restart didn't help) so somehow i only seem to
be able to make 1 wireless connection with just knetworkmanager. if i
lose that connection that i HAVE to restart to get it working again
and that's really frustrating (linux isn't exactly FAST at booting).
so is there any way to get back to a clean state with knetworkmanager
when you have just lost the connection? or is there any way to get the
wireless connection working normally again when restarting the network
with the init script?

Thanx,
Mark