F7: My Palm is not detected

Chris Mohler cr33dog at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 21:22:29 UTC 2007

On 7/8/07, Renich Bon Ciric <renich at woralelandia.com> wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-07-08 at 09:20 -0500, Chris Mohler wrote:
> > Copy /usr/share/pilot-link/udev/60-libipsock.rules
> > into /etc/udev/rules.d
> Did this
> >
> > Do tail -f /var/log/messages and press the sync button on the Palm -
> > see which device is created.  Point J-pilot to the device (mine was
> > /dev/ttyUSB0) in preferences.
> Did this too. Here's the log. It didn't resolve my problem; still can't
> connect using J-Pilot.

Just to be sure - in the J-Pilot preferences, you have '/dev/ttyUSB0'
- not '/dev/pilot?'?

I ran J-Pilot from the command line when I was first trying to solve
this problem.  Try that and see if you get any useful output.
Basically - IIRC - the udev rule just makes sure that /dev/ttyUSB#
ends up with the right permissions - without it, you can (as root)
chmod it 0666 and be able to sync the palm.  I grew sick of  that and
dug up the udev rule.

Sorry - I missed your reply before.

Chris