[OT] DNS & DHCP on a router

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Jul 15 12:09:22 UTC 2007

On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 23:09:30 -0400,
  Gene Heskett <gene.heskett at verizon.net> wrote:
> On Friday 13 July 2007, Les Mikesell wrote:
> >
> >http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1
> >820385&sku=L48-2468
>
> Yes, and I stand corrected, I looked for one high and wide a year ago.  Be
> aware that it is now at least 3 year old stock, and may need to be
> resuscitated from brick status, although I'd be surprised if Tiger shipped a
> brick. Very surprised.  And at that price, don't break their mailbox putting
> a check in it.

The ddwrt project recommends (http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/Supported_Devices)
the Buffalo WHR-G125 (their previous recommended device, the WHR-G54S, has been
discontinued and replaced by the similar WHR-G125) where price is your main
concern. Some other recommendations are also listed if other considerations
are more important to you.

I have flashed both the WHR-G54S and the WHR-G125 without problem. They
are currently limited to 2.4 kernels because they use broadcom chips for
wireless (at least if you want wireless to work), but eventually that
should change.