rsync includes / excludes

Kanwar Ranbir Sandhu m3freak at thesandhufamily.ca
Sun Jul 15 20:57:25 UTC 2007

Hello Everyone,

I have a local mirror of the Fedora 7 updates repo that my home PCs are
set to update from.  Since I know some packages will never be needed, I
use excludes to prevent downloading the stuff I don't want.

One series of packages I don't want are the openoffice language
packages.  But, I want to keep the english package,
"openoffice.org-langpack-en".  Unfortunately, my include/excludes aren't
working, and instead all of the language packages are excluded.

Here's the rsync command I'm using (run from cron daily):

rsync -aHP --include-from=/usr/local/etc/rsync-includes --delete \
        --delete-excluded mirrors.kernel.org::fedora/updates/7/i386/ \
        /srv/intranet/iso-images/fedora/linux/updates/7/i386

Here's the include file:

- repodata/
+ openoffice.org-langpack-en
- openoffice.org-langpack-*
- koffice-langpack-*
- kde-i18n*
- m17n-db*
- debug

I've tried numerous variations, but none have so far worked.  I'm
obviously missing something.

How do include the "openoffice.org-langpack-en" package, but exclude all
of the other language packages?

Regards,

Ranbir

--