Laptop WiFi manual

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Jul 15 22:22:13 UTC 2007

David Boles wrote:
> on 7/15/2007 2:22 PM, Aaron Konstam wrote:

>>> Karl - grow up.  The "paper" is poorly written both grammatically and
>>> technically.  If didn't want criticism, WHY did you post it to the
>>> mailing list?
>>>
>>> Chrismeone
>>>

>> Well here i another take on the situation. So someone starts to put
>> together a document on Wifi on a laptop. What he gets for his trouble is
>> crap on how it doesn't meet someones expectations. I thought he made a
>> useful attempt. Rather than acting as his English teacher and knocking
>> his grammar make suggestions to make it better. Your comments are on the
>> far side of inappropriate. If you don't want to row get off the  boat.
>>

> I agree that Karl is trying to be helpful. But the suggestion of a blog
> was, IMHO, a good idea. Karl's paper will, or already has, disappeared in
> that abyss called the list archive. Not many search there. Many don't know
> how to search there. Many don't make the effort to search there.
>
> If Karl had a blog, they are free, and posted his information there it,
> this laptop WiFi paper for example, would be findable with Google. I think
> that would help more people than posting it here to this list.
>
> What do you think?

    Unknown to many on this list that paper is being sent to people who
show up here asking how to do it. A surprising number so far have have
taken the paper with all the grammer errors and got their laptop using
WiFi on their Linux.

    Rather than a blog it can be put on my web page and you can address
it here. I will think about that.

Karl