Configuration of global procmail

Wojciech Komornicki wnk at wnk.hamline.edu
Tue Jul 17 14:37:30 UTC 2007

I have posted this before but have not seen my own posting so let me try
again.

All of the information on procmail I have seen deal with one's own
.prodmailrc file.  I had configured procmail on a DEC Alpha server
running Digital UNIX but am having problems with procmail under Fedora
5.

Procmail is enabled in sendmail.  However when /usr/bin/procmail is
invoked even if there is no /etc/procmailrc file or a ~/.procmailrc file
procmail fails with EX_TEMPFAIL.  I know that this means that there is
an error in permissions but I am stumped as to how to reset the
permissions. The permissions on on /usr/bin/procmail are
         -rwxr-sr-x 1 root mail 69977 Jul 14 13:11 procmail
which is what
         make install-suid
set.  procmail is registered in smrsh.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.