SV: wundering

mattias jonsson jonsson at mj1.mine.nu
Wed Jul 18 18:55:23 UTC 2007

How to update the yum via internet?
The yum update dosen't help

-----Ursprungligt meddelande-----
Från: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com [mailto:fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com]
För Mikkel L. Ellertson
Skickat: den 18 juli 2007 20:45
Till: For users of Fedora
Ämne: Re: wundering

mattias jonsson wrote:
> First of all
> Good i can install fedora via the ssh
> But
> If i install the live cd to my harddisk and install e.g mailman what
> hapening with the software if i reboot the computer?

If you use the install to your harddisk option, you will boot from the hard
drive, not the live CD. Any changed you make are then saved to the hard
drive. The main difference is from doing an install from the install DVD is
that there are less packages available during the install unless you have an
Internet connection during the install. But you have the option on
downloading/installing these packages, as well as packages that are not on
either install media.

Mikkel