phpmyadmin

stan stanl at cox.net
Thu Jul 19 15:55:45 UTC 2007

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 17:24:13 +0200
"mattias jonsson" <jonsson at mj1.mine.nu> wrote:

> Yes but my yum dosen't have it

Hi mattias,

I wouldn't worry about your english.  You do much better than I would
in your language and over the last decade english speakers have gotten
very used to fractured language patterns via the internet.

Have you installed the repositories RPM for fedora?  It will set up the
list of places yum looks for packages and updates.  The live CD usually
does this automatically.  Do an "ls /etc/yum.repos.d/" to see if it is
there.  You should see at least fedora-repo and fedora-updates and if
you have installed the third party repos you might see livna or
freshrpm or atrpm or ....

Once that is done, run at a command line

yum list all | grep -i php

to show you a list of all packages that have php in their name, case
insensitive.

See if the package you want is in there.  If it is, you can just type

yum install <package name>

with a wild card (*) at the end optional.

If it is not, you can look for an RPM someplace else, or as someone
else has suggested, you can install the tarball.  It is good if you put
the install under the /usr/local/ qualifier as it will not conflict
with any future packages.