A new use for Linux

Marc linuxr at gmail.com
Thu Jul 19 19:02:48 UTC 2007

I use linux based tools such as helix, a knoppix cd, or a fedora or
red hat install cd 1, or a Fedora/ RH dvd, to do all sorts of things
on the disk whether a windows environment or not.  I prefer to use
pre-built tools though, since there are things  out there that already
do file mounting, detection and kernel support for ntfs, etc.  Some of
the above-mentioned disks are better suited for certain purposes than
others.  I wouldn't be using the red hat cd's for looking at windows
since there exists better tools for that, for example.