Linux WiFi Manual

Carroll Grigsby cgrigs at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 21 02:54:19 UTC 2007

On Friday 20 July 2007 4:14:19 pm Aaron Konstam wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 17:01 +0100, Timothy Murphy wrote:
> > You can download manuals for all Dell computers, AFAIK,
> > and that is what Dell advise you to do.
> > If you choose not to, that is your prerogative
>
> You find me a manual for the DELL D810 Laptop? Their representative
> could not tell we where it was. In any case in my  former department 3
> Dell D810 machines were ordered. Each had a different Wifi card.

Aaron:
Maybe this would help: About five years ago, my daughter-in-law was given a
Dell desktop machine by her employer. Everything worked except for the sound
card. We found a coated paper sticker on the rear of the case that had the
Dell serial number on it. Digging around on the Dell support site with that
number, I was able to find the complete bill of materials for that specific
computer showing everything that had been installed when it left the Dell
plant. There were also links to the computer manuals which could be read
online, as well as other information related to the specific components.
Might be worth a shot.

-- cmg