Smart packages

Mikkel L. Ellertson mikkel at infinity-ltd.com
Sun Jul 22 17:41:51 UTC 2007

Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 22, 2007 at 10:56:55 -0600,
>   Karl Larsen <k5di at zianet.com> wrote:
>> Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>>> There is no need to do. There is a network boot option with boot.iso
>>> image and there are Live images, both GNOME and KDE spins for x86 is
>>> around the size you want.
>>>
>>> Rahul
>>>
>> 	As usual Rahul you didn't read what I wrote. You just throw out
>> 	things that have zero to do with concept.
>
> Rahul seemed to provide reasonable suggestions for the problems you are
> asking about. Doing a network install solves the issue of downloading
> stuff you don't need. Fedora has Live CD versions that you were asking about.

I think the problem is that Rahual didn't go into enough detail for
Karl. He didn't understand that you can just download the boot.iso
image, burn it to a CD, and use that to install the packages you
want from a network. (Or over the Internet.) If you do not walk Karl
through it step by step, then he doesn't understand what you are
saying, and makes comments like the one above. Now, if he would just
learn to ask when he doesn't understand part of the message, instead
of taking the position that the part he doesn't understand doesn't
matter...

We don't even want to get into doing a PXE boot and installing that way.

Mikkel