Tests to date

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Mon Jul 23 01:23:24 UTC 2007

	I got my Ubuntu cd-rom made and was surprised to see a Gnome manager
looking at me. And the things available are about the same as here on
Fedora. I used Gedit and wrote a small note and saved it onto the cd-rom
somehow. The eye of Gimp and gthumb are there with the other ususal
things. I have not installed it yet.

The kernel is venlinuz-2.6.20-15-generic so it seems they do not change
kernels often. It is a simpler file system so will need to get used to
that. I will install the cd-rom on this hard drive tomorrow and then do
some serious testing. If it does as well as others say, I will move over
there in a few days. I have a lot to move over to Ubuntu.
--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User