Mystery of chroot

Kelly lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Mon Jul 23 06:09:17 UTC 2007

On Monday, July 23, 2007 1:26 am David Boles wrote:
> I have never tried Solaris or Sparc. Are they considered what I described
> as 'a true Unix'? I was not even aware that they would run in x86 type
> equipment.

Yeah, Solaris is descended from System V UNIX and usually (up until recently,
anyway) runs on a huge mainframe (I've seen a Solaris SPARC system; the
University I attended a few years ago was funded by Sun and everything was
Solaris-based, using a huge SPARC system sitting in a back room.  They had a
BSD-based server as well.  Urgh, I hate remembering having to work with
CDE/Motif...).