Video but not sound from CNN

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Tue Jul 24 04:17:12 UTC 2007

On Mon July 23 2007, Reg Clemens wrote:
> Right after CNN made its change in window format a couple of weeks
> ago I was (for the first time) able to play its video segments.
> I got both the video and the sound.  Great.
>
> A week or so ago, the sound disappeared.
> Ive not been able to do anything to get it back (other programs
> produce sound just fine).  The video still plays fine.
>
> Anyone else see this behaviour?
> Any fix?
>
> Is there something in Firefox that needs to be set?

Two things to note: Firefox is running both Flash Video and Windows Media
Video still. The Flash Video plays nice on my system and sound works. The
Windows Media opens a new window and appears to endlessly load, but then
nothing happens - there's a little triangle up in upper left hand corner that
says Beta. The one time I clicked on one of those Windows Media files from a
Windows machine, it decided I needed to install Windows Media, but, that was
already installed. I think part of your issue may be that parts of the site
are still beta?

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA