Wireless

Steven J. Brown (NY) sbrown at valueline.com
Tue Jul 24 15:35:56 UTC 2007

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Herbert Taylor writes:
>
>> I have another question.  I have been trying to use the wireless on
>> my Dell laptop but with no success.  I can use the wireless on
>> Windows without any problems.  I am using the Kwifimanager.  I also
>> used Linksys WUSB54G in Florida last year on windows but unable to
>> pick it up on Linux. I also can pick up all kinds of networks on
>> Windows with the Broadcom card in the Dell but no luck on the Linux
>> side.  Any sugestions?
>
> Broadcom wireless hardware has poor-to-nonexistent Linux support due
> to Broadcom's refusal to work with the Linux community.
>
> If it doesn't work for you, you're boned.

This may no longer be true:

http://www.broadcom.com/support/ethernet_nic/driver-sla.php?driver=4401-Linux

--
*Steven J. Brown*
Business Analyst / Programmer
sbrown at valueline.com
notebook:linux:mozilla/thunderbird

Get Firefox! <http://www.spreadfirefox.com/?q=affiliates&id=0&t=64>
-- Beauty: What's in your eye when you have a bee in your hand.

This transmission contains information intended to be confidential and solely for the use of Value Line, Inc., and those persons or entities to whom it is directed. It is not to be reproduced, retransmitted, or in any other manner distributed. If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all copies of it from your system, destroy any hard copies of it and notify the sender.