F7 nvidia-96xx driver problem

Marko Vojinovic vvmarko at panet.co.yu
Tue Jul 24 16:12:29 UTC 2007

Hi folks!

Having an oldish GeForce 4 type video card, I tried to get 3D acceleration, so
(after some inquiry on the nVidia website) I did

# yum install kmod-nvidia-96xx

Yum took the package from Livna, took the appropriate xorg-x11-driver file,
installed them both successfully. I verified the xorg.conf file that was
modified in the process, and it looks perfectly sane to me. But, after startx
all I get is a blank dark screen, and all I can do is to press the reset
button.

So, what is going on and how do I fix it? The xorg.conf and Xorg.0.log are
attached.

:-(
Marko

Marko Vojinovic