ez kernels - second try.

Andrew Parker andrewparker at bigfoot.com
Tue Jul 24 18:22:20 UTC 2007

On 7/24/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I am trying again to get a clue of what exactly is different about
> kernels with ez in there version information. I can't find it on google
> and no one has responded to my question. Someone out there must know the
> answer. I would appreciate knowing what it is.

If its been installed by rpm, the following may help:

rpm -qfi /boot/vmlinuz-$(uname -r)

If that's a no such file or directory error then pick a file in /boot
or /lib/modules that corresponds to the kernel

Whilst you can't tell which repository that came from, you can get a
good idea from the build host.

/var/log/yum.log may tell you when it was installed if done, as would
rpm if i could be bothered to work out the syntax.