ez kernels - second try.

Aaron Konstam akonstam at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 24 21:06:04 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-07-24 at 14:22 -0400, Andrew Parker wrote:
> On 7/24/07, Aaron Konstam <akonstam at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> > I am trying again to get a clue of what exactly is different about
> > kernels with ez in there version information. I can't find it on google
> > and no one has responded to my question. Someone out there must know the
> > answer. I would appreciate knowing what it is.
>
> If its been installed by rpm, the following may help:
>
> rpm -qfi /boot/vmlinuz-$(uname -r)
>
> If that's a no such file or directory error then pick a file in /boot
> or /lib/modules that corresponds to the kernel
>
> Whilst you can't tell which repository that came from, you can get a
> good idea from the build host.
>
> /var/log/yum.log may tell you when it was installed if done, as would
> rpm if i could be bothered to work out the syntax.

Look people. The ez kernels exist and boot my machine. They were
installed by the normal update GUI after the first one which I installed
for some reason which I can't remember. Maybe I need to google some
more.
Heaven, n.: A place where the wicked cease from troubling you with talk
of their personal affairs, and the good listen with attention while you
expound your own. -- Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
Aaron Konstam telephone: (210) 656-0355 e-mail: akonstam at sbcglobal.net