F7 nvidia-96xx driver problem

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Wed Jul 25 02:02:55 UTC 2007

Ed Greshko writes:

> Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>
>>> Then there is nothing measure against...so everything is irrelevant.
>>
>> The fact that there aren't anywhere the same number of complaints, about
>> the free drivers, is irrelevant?
>
> Yes.  Especially when you consider the vast differences in functionality.
> It becomes an apple to oranges comparison.

The fact that there aren't any complaints does not mean that nobody's using
them. That's absurd. Furthermore, if you think that every Linux user
requires 1,000 FPS in Quake, and thus cannot function without Nvidia's blob,
is, I think, is rather an extreme belief. I somehow manage to do it. I'm
sure many others can too.