ping od death

Michael Fleming mfleming at enlartenment.com
Thu Jul 26 12:46:09 UTC 2007

On Thu, 26 Jul 2007 11:14:49 +0200
"adel.essafi" <adel.essafi at laposte.net> wrote:

> Dear all
> We have a proxy on a FC5 server.

If you are concerned about security then you would want to upgrade to a
later version of Fedora as FC5 updates have ceased and the distribution
is considered legacy and unsupported.

> I want to know if FC5 can stop the attacks "ping of death" of not.

A proxy server will not help you there; attacks like the "ping of
death" / Land etc. are dealt with at a firewall / kernel level.

The TCP stack in a modern Linux kernel should deal with such attacks
without issues in any case.

> Best regards
> Adel

Michael Fleming.

--
Michael Fleming | BOFH, Dealer in Clues | Brisbane, Australia
<mfleming at enlartenment.com>