alsamixer wont come up properly, cant adjust volumes

Andrew Webb webbstyle at hotmail.com
Sun Jul 29 17:54:34 UTC 2007

hey,

I'm using one sound card, the one integrated on my asus m2n-mx motherboard.
The only messages in the log concerning alsa say the driver has been loaded.
Also I should note that when I'm setting up fedora 6, the sound test doesn't
work. It has in the past (one speaker only, but thats why I had to go into
the mixer and turn up the volumes for the different channels) but I havn't
changed my hardware configuration since that time. I dont get it.

Andrew