Killed /home installing Fedora 7 with Ubuntu

Res res at ausics.net
Mon Jul 30 00:53:25 UTC 2007

I think as others have said you are screwed, but take a look at
magicrescue, it has helped us recover data that a colo customer once
deleted, much the same as you, except our backups were nightly and this
guy spent the ebst part of all that day redesigning his site and
toolsets, only to rm it all thinking it was his old stuff :)
We managed to recover 80% of his data.

The copy I have is http://support.ausics.net/magicrescue-1.1.4.tar.gz
incase you can't find it, but this is a few years old so there's bound to
be a later (better?) version by now.

--
Cheers
Res