Switch computer back to Eastern time

Joseph Loo jloo at acm.org
Tue Jul 31 03:50:38 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-08-01 at 03:35 +0000, Matthew Flaschen wrote:
> I use KDE.  Since my clock was a couple minutes early, I decided to
> setup automatic time updating via NTP.  Thus, I opened the KDE clock
> applet (Adjust Date & Time) and selected "Set date and time
> automatically".  Ever since, my clock (both KDE and the date command)
> has displayed UTC time though I live in the U.S. EST zone.  I have
> disabled NTP and tried moving the timezone back and forth, but my
> computer seems to be stuck on UTC.
>
> How can I make it display time in EST?
>
> Matt Flaschen

I could be wrong, but I just recently did what you mentioned, and I ened
up with eastern standard time. I fixed the problem by readjusting my
time zone. It seems to changed the time aone.

I am also curious what ntp server you are using/ I am using the
following:
0.pool.ntp.org
1.pool.ntp.org
2.pool.ntp.org