Back Again

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Jul 31 15:04:36 UTC 2007

	I am back from running Umbutu which failed to live up to it's press
releases. It does have all my wanted applications and apt-get install
works faster than yum install. I guess there storage computer is closer.

	The major problem is X Windows. I tried several ways to focus the
screen but nothing worked. And it was too bright. Also I was able to get
the VLC media player but no way to get the codex lib so it worked. Also
it takes over the computer.

	So back to F7 and while some things do not work perhaps in a while they
will. At least the screen looks real nice.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User