32bit drivers, 64bit F7

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Tue Jul 31 23:56:07 UTC 2007

Marcel Janssen writes:

> On Tuesday 31 July 2007, Marcel Janssen wrote:
>>
>> Besides installing a complete f7 32bit version are there any other options
>> to use these (closed source) drivers ?

Nope.

> Is it possible to run a 32bit kernel on top of a 64bit one using Xen for
> example ?

Theoretically, yes. Practically, you'll probably end up wasting a lot of
time tweaking various knobs until it works. If it works at all. You've got a
fairly good chance of getting the basic kernel running in VM, but I wouldn't
place much bets on your non-free driver. Your VM will probably not even
detect the hardware device that it's for, so your driver won't have anything
to do.