FC7 Nvidia is crazy

antonio montagnani antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 19:59:08 UTC 2007

2007/6/8, alan <alan at clueserver.org>:
> On Fri, 8 Jun 2007, Paul Lemmons wrote:
>

> >> Tnx Paul: everything is o.k....it sounds strange that during upgrades
> >> I have to disinstall driver and re-install exactly same driver!!! what
> >> is the technical explanation???
> >>
> >> Tnx again
> >>
> > Color me clueless. I just know what I did to fix it.
> >
> > I have heard that sunspot activity has been high recently ;-)
>
> I think I know the answer for this one...
>
> I am willing to bet that you installed the nVIDIA driver and then later
> upgraded Mesa drivers.  It was having problems with the mix of nVIDIA and
> non-nVIDIA drivers.
>
> --
> "ANSI C says access to the padding fields of a struct is undefined.
> ANSI C also says that struct assignment is a memcpy. Therefore struct
> assignment in ANSI C is a violation of ANSI C..."
>                                    - Alan Cox
>
> --

I was running Nvidia drivers on FC6 (and it was o.k.): then I upgraded
FC6 to FC7 by DVD, then I upgraded packages from Everything (I
suppose) repo and livna repo..

But basically I don't have clear where are updates (from Fedora)
located....and how to set repo file..

--
Antonio Montagnani
Skype : antoniomontag