ATI Technologies Inc Radeon XPRESS 200M driver ++ F7 Can't getitto work.

Robin Laing Robin.Laing at drdc-rddc.gc.ca
Fri Jun 22 19:25:42 UTC 2007

Jim Cornette wrote:
> sizo nsibande wrote:
>> I am with you on all counts.
>
> Thanks!
>
> I read a posting regarding getting computers provided by people's
> employment which have either the ATI or NVidia video. I guess one can't
> influence to a gret deal what the buyer and IT consultant choose. I got
> lucky and specified *not* NVidia video on a computer that I use.
> Fortunately the alternative Intel Video card works great and later
> computers which are not running Linux also have the Intel video cards.
> (915). At least they are Linux capable since I tested out one of the
> later computers with the Intel 915 video.
>
> It is good to know there are others who would rather have working
> hardware rather than "trade secret" hardware which force binary only
> drivers onto the potential customer or employee that was stuck with
> another persons choice.
>
> Jim

Intel is providing decent drivers for their video chips from what I am
reading.

Nvidia makes decent drivers which are easy to install using Livna.

ATI in my books just suck.  I fought and fought with ATI and their
driver for a month.  Nvidia was up in minutes.

As for ATI drivers.  I have a friend in IT that won't allow ATI cards in
any computer he purchases after fighting with ATI over their Windows
drivers and issues.  So it isn't just ATI and Linux.

--
Due to the move to M$ Exchange Server,
    anything that is a priority, please phone.