claws-mail rpm dependency problems

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Sat Jun 2 22:01:30 UTC 2007

On 02/06/07, Tom Horsley wrote:
> Just getting my brand new x86_64 install tweaked, and I installed
> everything with claws-mail in the name.
>
> The claws-mail program would not start. I had to first yum download
> compface and libetpan. Are some of the plugins missing dependencies?
>
> After manually downloading dependencies, I can start claws-mail,
> but it says it can't run the bogofilter program for spam filtering,
> yet bogofilter is installed on my system.
>
> I just noticed another missing dependency, back on stderr
> where I started up claws-mail, the bogofilter program is
> complaining about missing libgsl.so.0 (which would explain
> why it can't run).

Just from the sound of it, this sounds very unusual because the
majority of library dependencies are automatic. That means, when the
binary packages are built, rpm-build adds the necessary dependencies
automatically. You cannot install such packages without resolving the
dependencies. bogofilter most likely has an automatic dependency on
libgsl, but on the 64-bit version.