Converter from jpg to text

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Sun Jun 3 11:55:13 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-06-03 at 12:21 +0100, Paul Smith wrote:
> Thanks, Tim, but I feel that I was not clear enough. Attached is a
> tiny jpg file: how to extract, as text,
>
> ksnapshot &

Ah, optical character recognition (OCR).  There are some tools for that,
but I've not tried any on Linux.  I've yeard the name "Tesseract"
bandied about, but now you know the term to search for you might find
what you want more easily.

You need a good resolution original for OCR to work.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.