Bluetooth USB dongle with Linux; which ones work?

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Sun Jun 3 15:12:18 UTC 2007

Hi,

I have a desktop PC without a build-in bluetooth device. Thus I need to
buy a USB dongle for exchanging data over bluetooth with my mobile
phone. Most (low-cost) USB dongles that I find on the web have the
specifications for the OS to be some flavor of Windows.

Hence, I'm suspicious whether I have to be very careful which USB
dongle to buy; or is bluetooth over USB nowadays at a level that pretty
much every dongle is supported in Linux?

By the way, I'm about to upgrade to Fedora 7; would that make it
easier to use such devices?

This is my first time to do something with bluetooth, so I appreciate
your comments, explanations and/or advice.

Thanks,
Rob.