entry level information

Bill Thompson wthompson005 at sympatico.ca
Sun Jun 3 16:24:38 UTC 2007

I am interested in using Fedora 7. I am a computer USER. I do not have time
to learn programming but I am willing to learn Fedora speak if I had access
to an entry level guide to the terminology.

 I tried to use Fedora 6 it installed easily but I quickly became frustrated
with my inability to understand the language and concepts for finding and
adding applications.

My interest in Fedora are the reputation for stability, and it is the
anti-microsoft, i.e. open sourced, non monopolistic, based on the concept of
community. I just need an immigrants guide, a settlement agency and some
Q&As in non-Fedoraese.

I think there is a large group of PC users who want off the Microsoft bus
especially after hearing of the problems with Vista.

Any help out there for those of us seeking refugee status?

Bill Thompson