SATA and Fedora 7

oleksandr korneta atenrok at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 12:16:14 UTC 2007

Hello,

I have Asus A7N8X Deluxe Motherboard with onboard SATA controller. I
have a long experience using Fedora on this hardware but I never used
SATA drives, only IDE. Now I got one, and decided to install Fedora7 on
a new drive. I heard a lot of scary stories about installing windows on
the boxes with SATA controllers, so I'm just curious -- are there any
surprises I should be ready for, comparing to installation with the
regular PATA hard drive?

--
regards,
Oleksandr Korneta

/The nice thing about standards is that there are so many to choose from./