FC6 portable hard drive -

Bob Goodwin - W2BOD bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Wed Jun 6 20:31:47 UTC 2007

Mike McCarty wrote:
> Bob Goodwin - W2BOD wrote:
>>
>> My daughter has a Samsung portable hard drive that she handed me to
>> copy the F7-DVD-iso file to so that she can burn the DVD on her Mac.
>>
>> It plugs in to the usb port and I figured I would see it when I did
>> lsusb, but no, it's not there.  So I have found yet another obstacle
>> to installing F7!
>>
>> Should I expect Fedora Core 6 to find that drive when I plug it in?
>> What do I do next?  Or is it just another gadget that won't work in
>> Linux?
>
> FC2 is capable of mounting a USB drive. What file system do you have
> on it?
>
> Mike
Ok, the problem is solved, the portable hard drive was automatically
mounted as /Media/PLEOMAX and I was able to transfer the .iso file to
it.  Now if she can burn the image and not produce another DVD with a
.iso file I will be good to go!  The Mac is an unknown quantity to me ...

Thanks all for the help.

Bob Goodwin