bcm43xx mac80211: YOUR FIRMWARE IS TOO OLD.

Gene Heskett gene.heskett at verizon.net
Thu Jun 7 07:43:32 UTC 2007

On Thursday 07 June 2007, Thierry Sayegh De Bellis wrote:
>Gene Heskett wrote:
>> What the heck is PHPMailer?, I never heard of it before.
>
>it's a PHP class used by xoops which serves as the backend for the
>portal being used there
>http://phpmailer.sourceforge.net/
>mainly for html email....

Whatever it is, its not actually doing a full html conversion. No MIME headers
are being generated, just a few character subs that aren't required in an
otherwise straight text message.

You'll find a heavy resistance to the use of html mail anyway.  Primarily the
objection stems from the days of slow modems & by the minute billing for your
long distance service just to get to an internet access point.  In those
days, anything that quadrupled the size of the message in byte count was a
capital offense.  Even today, if we completely did away with html email, we
would gain lots more usable bandwidth on the backbone.

Some places on the planet still bill for access by the byte or minute, and
html costs these folks measurable amounts for their net access.  For that
reason, and these lists do cover the planet, html email is frowned on, and
many will delete it without ever trying to read through the html trash to
find your real message.

--
Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)