Any way to get to grub.conf from XP?

Arch Willingham arch at tuparks.com
Fri Jun 8 01:24:57 UTC 2007

Thanks!

-----Original Message-----
From: fedora-list-bounces at redhat.com on behalf of Mikkel L. Ellertson
Sent: Thu 6/7/2007 8:52 PM
To: For users of Fedora
Subject: Re: Any way to get to grub.conf from XP?

Arch Willingham wrote:
> I have a machine that I need to be able to dual boot between XP
> and FC7. It dual boots just fine but I need to be able to work on it
> remotely. When it is running FC7, I can remotely set default=1 in
> grub.conf, reboot and it is then running XP. The problem is the
> other way around, while I can remotely control XP, once I am in XP,
> I have no way of getting to grub.conf so that I can then set default=0.
>
> Does that make sense?
>
> Thanks!
>
> Arch

There are utilities that will let you access ext3 file systems from
XP, but for what you are after, you may want to take a look at:

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/showthread.php?t=145115

It is a script that lets you do a one-time boot in a different OS,
and then boot the default OS on the next boot. You could use it to
boot into XP, and then boot back into Linux on the reboot.

Mikkel