Fedora 7 FAQ - Draft for feedback

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 17:38:59 UTC 2007

On 6/8/07, Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Kam Leo wrote:
> >
> > I searched the Fedora Project site and the above FAQ but could not
> > readily find the system requirements for running the Live CD. There
> > are lots of information for how to create a Live CD but nothing for a
> > first time user.
> >
> > System/hardware requirements used to be easy to find. Perhaps the
> > website maintainers are spending too much time on gloss and forgetting
> > the little things.
>
> The release notes has the system requirements which is linked from the FAQ.
>
> > The memory requirements should also be placed in the description field
> > of the torrent page. Perhaps as a footnote.
>
> If anything is unclear about the release notes, file a bug report.
> Adding it in too many places makes things harder to keep track of and
> change.
>
> Rahul

You are getting too much into the bureaucracy. This has very little to
do with the release notes which, by the way, has nothing regarding
memory requirements for Live CD usage. If people do not read EULAs
they're no going to bother to read the release notes. As a minimum put
the requirement into the FAQ.