SMART error

Claude Jones claude_jones at levitjames.com
Fri Jun 8 21:57:41 UTC 2007

Just did a SMART update, and it found lots of packages - I
usually update frequently, but, I may have let this machine
slide. After a lengthy download process, it just returned an
error dialog:

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/interfaces/gtk/interactive.py",
line 171, in callback
    exec code in globals

  File "<callback>", line 1, in ?

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/interfaces/gtk/interactive.py",
line 457, in upgradeAll
    self.applyChanges(confirm=not emptychangeset)

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/interfaces/gtk/interactive.py",
line 415, in applyChanges
    if self._ctrl.commitTransaction(transaction,
confirm=confirm):

  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/control.py", line
505, in commitTransaction
    return self.commitChangeSet(trans.getChangeSet(), caching,
confirm)

  File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/control.py", line
563, in commitChangeSet
    pmclass().commit(pmcs, pkgpaths)

File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/backends/rpm/pm.py",
line 165, in commit
    loader = [x for x in pkg.loaders if x.getInstalled()][0]

IndexError: list index out of range

Anyone spot anything? Don't seem to get many responses on the
smart list, so I thought I'd try here first
--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA