SMART error

stan stanl at cox.net
Fri Jun 8 23:21:27 UTC 2007

On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 17:57:41 -0400
Claude Jones <claude_jones at levitjames.com> wrote:

> Just did a SMART update, and it found lots of packages - I
> usually update frequently, but, I may have let this machine
> slide. After a lengthy download process, it just returned an
> error dialog:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>

> File
> "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/interfaces/gtk/interactive.py",
> line 171, in callback exec code in globals
>
>   File "<callback>", line 1, in ?
>

> File
> "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/interfaces/gtk/interactive.py",
> line 457, in upgradeAll self.applyChanges(confirm=not emptychangeset)
>

> File
> "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/interfaces/gtk/interactive.py",
> line 415, in applyChanges if
> self._ctrl.commitTransaction(transaction, confirm=confirm):
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/control.py", line
> 505, in commitTransaction
>     return self.commitChangeSet(trans.getChangeSet(), caching,
> confirm)
>
>   File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/control.py", line
> 563, in commitChangeSet
>     pmclass().commit(pmcs, pkgpaths)
>

> File "/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/smart/backends/rpm/pm.py",
> line 165, in commit
>     loader = [x for x in pkg.loaders if x.getInstalled()][0]
>
> IndexError: list index out of range
>
> Anyone spot anything? Don't seem to get many responses on the
> smart list, so I thought I'd try here first

I don't know smart.   If x is a container, it must be an empty list.
It sounds like the package being processed is configured incorrectly.
When I looked at the definition of pkg (quickly) in the source, it
didn't seem to be an indexed container, but if that code works it must
be. In this case it wasn't so there was no zeroth element to define
loader from.  Too bad it didn't print the package name.