fglrx and Fedora 7 works!

Kevin J. Cummings cummings at kjchome.homeip.net
Sun Jun 10 02:50:46 UTC 2007

Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Dotan Cohen wrote:
>

>> You should probably post this to bugzilla and the devel list as well.
>> You'll save somebody a lot of work. Thanks.
>
> Wouldn't be useful. If ATI doesn't support the latest Xorg provided in
> Fedora 7 there isn't much Fedora developers can do about it.

Correct me if I'm wrong and out of line here, but if the latest fglrx
packages doesn't work with F7, can't the 3rd party repo maintainers
remove it in favor of an older package that does work (only in their F7
repos)?  Why isn't this a viable solution?  I thought that the point of
having 3rd party repos was to help provide packages that worked.  I
realize you can argue whether the fglrx package is broken or that Fedora
7 breaks it, but if the previous packages work, let's package them up
for F7 until ATI fixes fglrx!

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome at rcn.com