Fedora Core 7 install...

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Sun Jun 10 08:18:39 UTC 2007

On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 04:02:36 -0400
Claude Jones <claude_jones at levitjames.com> wrote:

> On Sunday June 10 2007 3:49:59 am Frank Cox wrote:
> > Boot off a CD, point to my fileserver where I put
> > the DVD image, and that's all it took.
>
> Would you mind explaining this in some greater detail? How do you get your
> machine, which you've just booted off the CD (what CD by the way? - the
> rescue CD?) to see another machine on your network?

Copy the DVD image to my NFS fileserver.

Mount the Fedora 7 DVD image at my /mnt/iso directory as follows:

mount  F-7-i386-DVD.iso -t iso9660 -o ro,loop /mnt/iso

Burn the image found at /mnt/iso/images/boot.iso to a CD using K3B.

Boot off of the CD that I just burned.

Select NFS as the installation method when asked, enter the path to the
directory on my NFS fileserver.

Let 'er rip.