F7 DVD problem -

Bob Goodwin - W2BOD bobgoodwin at wildblue.net
Sun Jun 10 12:38:34 UTC 2007

Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 18:55 -0400, Bob Goodwin - W2BOD wrote:
>
>> I am presently copying the files to a portable USB drive that the
>> installer on the rescue CD seems to recognize.  That is my great hope
>> now!  But the portable drive is very slow and I'm waiting for it to
>> finish.
>>

> An alternative, if you have the space, is to keep a partition aside on
> your hard drive for the ISO file, boot from the rescue disc, tell it to
> install from the hard drive, aiming at the partition with the ISO file.
> That's how I installed FC7 just a day or two ago.

The default installation makes both drives into one volume.  The target
had Centos 4.5 installed that way and I just let F7 Live do the same.
But it's not a problem since I can sftp the files from this computer,
ftp and ssh always seem to work out of the box and I have already
extracted my favorite text editor from this box via ftp, "e3em," all 12k
of it!

Bob