Virtualisation on F7

Andras Simon szajmi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 10 13:38:13 UTC 2007

On 6/10/07, John Lagrue <jlagrue at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have read the docs. They however don't seem to say a lot and only
> really talk about installing a F7 guest. I have no need of an F7 guest
> - I'm running it already, so don't need a second copy. But I do want a
> Windows guest, but the docs are of little use at all.
>
> I joined the feora-xen list but it's pretty inactive, and my questions
> get few anwers, if any.
>
> My question is pretty simple. How do I install a windows. centos or
> ubuntu guest using my local CD and allowing it to access the net?

I installed Windows XP like this:

qemu-img create windows.img -f qcow 6G
qemu-kvm -no-acpi -m 512 -cdrom /dev/cdrom -boot d windows.img

and then booted it by
qemu-kvm -no-acpi -m 512 -cdrom /dev/cdrom windows.img

I don't have that installation around anymore, but it definitely had net access.

HTH,

Andras