Do we have a good alarm clock for the GNOME desktop?

Mark Eggers mdeggers at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 11 01:20:11 UTC 2007

Rogue wrote:
> wrote:
>> On Sun, 10 Jun 2007 15:35:41 +0530
>> Rogue <roguexz at gmail.com> wrote:
>>

>>> Now, for the real question, is there any good alarm-clock applet that
>>> I could use for the GNOME desktop? Currently I am using the command
>>> line sleep command to achieve what I want, but then it is rather
>>> cumbersome.
>>>

>> I use "remind" together with a silly app I wrote to popup messages.
>> Here's the link to my stuff:
>>
>> http://home.att.net/~Tom.Horsley/qtmess.html
>>
>> (which, in turn, has links to remind and wot-not).
>>
> Going through the page.. thanks for the pointers :-)
>
> later,
> Rogue

A quick search came up with three solutions.  None of them are Gnome -
specific, but they should work.

xmms-alarm - which is available via yum
kalarm     - you'll have to install some portion of KDE
DASC       - http://www.davefancella.com/software/dsac.html

I've not tried any of them.  DASC (a Python application) built cleanly
and started up under Gnome.

/mde/
just my two cents . . . .