help with Fedora core 7 dial-up connection

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 12 08:23:39 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-06-12 at 00:49 -0700, E. Robert Tisdale wrote:
> When booting, the system tries to set /dev/ttyS3, /dev/ttyS0,
> /dev/ttyS1 and /dev/ttyS2 but fails.  None of these messages
> show up in /var/log/messages or /var/log/dmesg. setserial
> does not recognize any of these as serial devices. I don't
> think I have access to *any* of my serial ports.

How is your BIOS set up?  In the past I had problems when the BIOS was
set to to use "AUTO" for the serial ports, but things were fine when
they had preset IRQ and DMA values.

--
(This box runs FC7, my others still run FC4, FC5, & FC6 in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.