Fedora vs OpenSuse

taharka res00vl8 at alltel.net
Wed Jun 13 16:26:55 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-06-13 at 10:49 -0400, Kelly wrote:
> On Wednesday, June 13, 2007 10:35 am taharka wrote:
> >
> > You'd have to be referring to a specific section/utility, as YaST2 comes
> > up in less than 10 seconds here. This is on a PII 260 mhz 384 mb RAM box
> > running the Gnome desktop.
>
> And IE comes up in 20 seconds on Windows.  Doesn't stop it from being a memory
> hog.

I have an HP Pavilion 7090 w/128mb RAM here running w2kAS SP4. IE 6.0
loads/runs in ~5 seconds. Same goes for Firefox. Memory hog? Maybe. I'm
asking which YaST2 module, other than software installation/online
update runs terribly slow? Also, which version of OpenSuse are you
referring to?

taharka

Lexington, Kentucky U.S.A.