Problem With yum update

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200706 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 01:20:07 UTC 2007

Boris Glawe <public at boris-glawe.de> writes:
> You can exclude the kernel upgrade, in order to at least update the
> rest of the packages.
>
> yum -y --exclude="kernel*" update

This strikes me as a bug in yum.  I don't understand why it just
doesn't upgrade the rest of the rpm's that have no dependency
problems.  Perhaps someone should put in a bugzilla on this.

I've got one remote system that stopped yum updating months ago over
some insignificant program having a dependency problem on some other
insignificant library.  Ideally I'd like to see the security fixes
continue to be applied even if some silly gui and a set of libs it
depends on can't be upgraded.

-wolfgang
IPv6 on Fedora 7 http://www.wsrcc.com/wolfgang/fedora/ipv6-tunnel.html