fc6 boot parameters question

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at shellworld.net
Mon Jun 18 21:31:20 UTC 2007

I'm going to attempt an install on a dell dimension from 1999 vintage.
Earlier on this machine an 120GB ide hard drive was made available running
in a drive sled for the purpose.  Media check passed on all CD's so I hav
no question about CD integrity for the set.  When the install was tried
earlier a complaint about the media being corrupt when it tried to install
its first package on the hard drive happened and I hit retry and was asked
to insert disk - 99.  Having done web research I've stumbled on the
following list of boot parameters and would be interested to know if any
of these may help an installation work.  The last fedora that did install
without these problems was FC3 if that's any clue.  The list is as
follows: all-generic-ide, nodma, nofb, apm=off acpi=off. This time when I
try the install I'll check out I think ttyS4 and find out what comes up on
that screen when the install breaks.  Maybe I'll get lucky and find
something useful.