F7: Laptop suspend

activecs activecs at activ8.net.au
Tue Jun 19 00:09:57 UTC 2007

> activecs wrote:
> > On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 08:32:04 +0930
> > activecs <activecs at activ8.net.au> wrote:

> >>   Thanks.  The problem is that this guide seems to be all about
> >> "resume" problems, and I don't even get it to suspend, or at least
> >> power down.  Am I missing something?
> >

> Try going to
> http://people.freedesktop.org/~hughsient/quirk/quirk-suspend-debug.html
>
> Your exact scenario is described on that page.

	Thanks for your reply.   I have been working my way through
this useful page.  It takes time, and many restarts!  It now seems that
things like nvidia, B44, Hal recognition, etc, are not to blame, but
iwl3945 has to be stopped.  I then have to use quirks "dpms-suspend"
and "dpms-on" to get suspend to work.  However, resume is still
strange, because it seem I have to hit keys including Enter, before the
screen re-appears. I'm not sure if I am going to end up with anything
usable, anyway. Did I mention that it all worked with F6?
  While we are on the subject, what's the difference between pm-suspend
and suspend?

Thanks again.