yum, rpm, pirut, pup won't run on FC6

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Tue Jun 19 01:11:48 UTC 2007

Eric wrote:

> It seems that whenever I try to run rpm, yum, pirut, or pup on my FC6
> server, it runs partway and then goes into permanent sleep ... can't
> even stop it with HUP or TERM, have to kill it with -9.
>
> I first noticed this behavior four or five days ago but I can't point
> at anything I might have done to cause it.
>
> Any ideas what might have happened or what I can do to fix it?
>
> Unfortunately I guess I can't re-install yum or rpm 'cause I need yum
> and/or rpm to do that... :-(

    Hi, don't feel alone. I did 450 Updates and about 10 Downdates. My
FC6 which I was learning to like turned nasty. So far my yum and rpm
still work. Are you sure your in a root Terminal?

    So far FC6 has been very hard to understand. It does one thing fine
and then it quits. No indication what caused the thing to quit.

Karl