Playing Movie DVD's and No Picture

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jun 19 04:06:24 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-06-18 at 19:41 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> perhaps you could tell us how you got mplayer and Xine to display DVD
> movies?

I think it was included with one of those packages, or VLC, when you get
them from Livna.  Depending on your hardware, you may need to configure
the players to suit your display.

Just looking for dvd related RPMs on my system, I see these:

  libdvdnav-0.1.10-2.lvn5.i386.rpm
  libdvdread-0.9.7-2.fc5.i386.rpm

Though I'm not sure if they're  part of what you want.

Mplayer doesn't let you use the navigational menus that are on most
DVDs, you'll have to pick the files to play, manually.  Xine and VLC are
easier to use, in that regards.

--
(This box runs Centos 5.0, my others still run FC 4, 5, 6, & 7, in case that's
 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.